Professional Development for the Digital Literacy Now grant is coordinated by CSforMA. During the Summer 2020 CSforMA Professonal Learning Institute, 172 educators participated in Professional development.
Through a series of week-long sessions, educators took advantage of train-the-trainer sessions, gained experience with advanced software tools and platforms, and learned collaboratively with colleagues from across the state. All courses met DLCS standards so that teachers are able to gain competency review for licensure.
Professional Development Opportunities
- Bootstrap: Algebra – Brown University
- Computational Thinking Curriculum – MIT App Inventor
- Computer Science Discoveries – Code.org
- Computer Science Principles – Code.org
- Computer Science Resources K-5 – Code.org
- Creative Computing Curriculum – ScratchEd Group
- Digital Citizenship – Common Sense Media
- MakeCode MicroControllers
- NFTE Startup Tech
- Project GUTS
- Project Lead the Way CS for Innovators and Makers
- Project Lead the Way App Creators